This past weekend was all about BarCamp and as a new attendee, I can only give the experience two thumbs up. There was a real mix of entrepreneurs both seasoned and those starting up and the level of discussions was non short of passionate. We did our presentation at 10:30am and as Brett mentions in his post, we got a great reception to the product. One of the questions we got asked during our session was whether we run our online business through Business Catalyst. And of course the answer is unequivocally 'yes'.
But it made me think. What is it that we actually use BC for and what would we do it if there was no BC. At a basic level we use Business Catalyst to host our website and run our corporate email. We use it for all our email marketing campaigns. We use it to do our customer service and manage SLAs. We use the recurring billing system to send out invoices to our customers and automate the collection of payments from them. We use it as our contact management aka CRM system. And the list goes on.
What's scary is if we had to buy each of these components from separate providers and manage them as one cohesive system. I'd even go as far as saying that I think we'd need to hire a junior person to shovel our information from one system to another to undertake all the sales, service and marketing activities that our business needs. But then there is the cost factor. But we can leave that for another time!
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- New Data Center is Now Live and Accepting Customers
- New Datacenter, a Sneak Peek of InContext Editing and an Update on BC
- 4 Quick Tips for Fine-Tuning Your Email Campaigns
- Valentine's Day Update
- Release 148 has Lift Off, I Repeat... (Release Notes)
- We hear you, we really do... hang in there!
- The BC Blog, A New Beginning...
- Your Guide To Better Client Communication (Part 3)
- Your Guide To Better Client Communication (Part 2)
- Your Guide To Better Client Communication (Part 1)